Gerard J. Foley is Senior Vice President & President, Post-Acute Care for Covenant Health. He is responsible for management operations of multiple organizations within this Catholic health system, including all Skilled Nursing, Long-Term Care, Assisted and Independent Living Facilities and Adult Day Health Centers. Prior to joining Covenant, Gerry held several senior positions, including: President/CEO of Covenant Health member Mary Immaculate Health/Care Services in Lawrence, MA; CEO of Kindred Hospital Boston North Shore in Peabody, MA; Vice President of Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, MA; Executive Vice President and COO of Lawrence General Hospital in Lawrence, MA.
Covenant Health is a values-based, Catholic not-for-profit healthcare system headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts. The system was established in 1983 by the Sisters of Charity of Montreal to direct, support and conduct their healthcare, elder care and social service systems throughout the United States. Today, Covenant Health serves as sponsor, governance organization and manager of multiple health and elder-care-related organizations throughout New England.
- Juris Doctor – Suffolk University Law School
- Master of Public Health – Yale University School of Medicine
- BA in Philosophy from the College of the Holy Cross
- Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE)
- Fellow in the Massachusetts Health Leadership College
- Past President of the Health Care Management Association of Massachusetts Board member for LeadingAge Massachusetts (the only organization representing the full continuum of mission-driven, not-for-profit providers of health care, housing, and services for older persons in Massachusetts)
- Member of the Massachusetts Bar
Gerry was born in Worcester, MA, the son of J. Gerard and Clara Foley. A product of sixteen years of Catholic School education, he has five siblings, including Lieutenancy members Rev. Msgr. Michael Foley, KCHS, Pastor of St. Luke the Evangelist Parish in Westborough, MA and Rev. John Foley, KCHS, Pastor of St. Anne’s Parish in Shrewsbury, MA.
Gerry and his wife Eileen (LCHS) have three children and are members of St. Mary’s Parish in Winchester, MA where Gerry serves as a member of the Advisory Board of St. Mary’s School and Eileen is a Eucharistic Minister.
Gerry and Eileen have been members of the Equestrian Order since 2011.