Most of you are aware that we are invited to participate in Cardinal Sean’s Good Friday Service – two weeks from tomorrow – Good Friday, April 14, 2017. The details you will need are on the attached document, but I would like to pull just a few items out front and list them below:
- Plan to be at the Cathedral at 2 pm – 2:15 pm at the latest.
- The Cardinal’s Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion will begin promptly at 3:00 pm. We will process in a little before the start so we can be seated before it begins. Depending on traffic and parking, better to be a little early than running in as we leave the lower level to process into the Cathedral.
- Capes are required. Ladies – remember your mantilla and gloves.
- After the service we will have a light supper/snack served in the lower level of the Cathedral, and we thank Very Rev. Kevin J. O’Leary, Rector, for arranging this for us.
- Please do not leave valuables in the lower level while we are at the service. I will check with Fr. O’Leary to see if there is a locked room we can use.
- While there is no “fee” involved in this event, we will be accepting donations for the Cathedral, which we ask you to send to the Lieutenancy (payable to EOHSJ), noting on the check that it is for Good Friday. If you prefer, you may call the Lieutenancy office to make a donation with a credit card. We will in turn write a single check to the Cathedral for all donations received. As you are aware, collections on Good Friday are dedicated for the use in the Holy Land, so what better day to do our part.
- The toughest issue we will face on this day is parking. There is still a lot of construction going on in the area of the Cathedral but thanks to Rev. Robert J. Kickham, KCHS, who has provided us with the following tips, we will all get through it.
- Current weekday parking information is as follows:
- Lot at 500 Harrison Avenue: Credit/Debit card only. $7 for the first two hours, $2 per hour after to a max of $19.
- Lot at 324 Albany Street: Credit/Debit card only. $2.50 per hour to a max of $20.
- Lot at 274 Albany Street: Credit/Debit card only. $2.50 per hour to a max of $20.
- There is a chance that additional parking will open up in the area since Good Friday is a week day. If we receive any information about that, we will be sure to let you know.
- In the days of GPS – there probably is no need to provide this but here is the link to the Cathedral website with driving directions: http://holycrossboston.com/directions.html